Historical Events on 1st January
Friends, every time we hear that our history is very old, but we are not fully aware of the history of our country and the world, so we are making a small effort here, which will give you the Historical Events on 1st January of the whole country and the world and the history of today. To get information so that your knowledge can increase further.
So friends, today we know about some important events in the history of 1 January, about the birthdays of those who came to the world and made a big name as well as the famous people who left this world.
There are many incidents on this day in the history of the country and the world, in which they are prominent.
Historical Events on 1st January in India
1912: the Republic of China is established.
1948: The Constitution of Italy came into existence.
1978: Air India’s Boeing 747 was a victim of the accident. All 213 people aboard this plane were killed.
1971: The broadcast of cigarette advertisements on television is banned.
2001: Calcutta was officially renamed Kolkata.
1950: Rahat Indouri, a famous Urdu poet and lyricist was born.
Historical Events on 1st January in World
- Jews were expelled in 1515 from the Laibach region of Australia.
- Charles II Stuart became King of Scotland in 1651.
- In Scotland, the new year started in 1600 from 1 January instead of 25 March.
- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj started the Surat campaign in 1664.
- Maharaja Jai Singh II founded the city of Jaipur in 1727.
- The peace agreement between Australia and France was signed in 1738.
- After the death of Peshwa Madhav Rao I in 1772, his younger brother Narayan Rao took over the throne.
- The first issue of the Daily Universal Register (Times of London) was published in 1785.
- The African country Sierra Leone became a British colony in 1808.
- The Treaty of Jonhoven between Belgium and Holland was signed in 1833.
- The Indian Penal Code came into force in 1862.
- Queen Victoria of England became the Empress of India in 1877.
- The money order system started in the country in 1880.
- The British government accepted the Indian standard in 1906.
- The US attacked Nicaragua in 1909.
- The Republic of China was established in 1912.
- In 1915, the Viceroy awarded Saffron-e-Hind to Mahatma Gandhi for his work in South
- The northeastern European country Latvia declared independence from Russia in 1918.
- The first air-conditioned office in the US opened in 1928 in San Antonio.
- The constitution of Italy came into existence in 1948.
- Five hundred people drowned after the steamer ‘Narayani’ crashed in 1948 near Patna, the capital of Bihar.
- A ceasefire was declared in Kashmir in 1949.
- In 1951, the British army captured the area of Ismailia in Egypt.
- The first postage stamp was issued in 1955 by Bhutan.
- Morocco gained independence in 1956.
- The broadcasting of cigarette advertisements on television was banned in 1971.
- In 1972, the tiger was chosen as the national animal.
- Air India’s Boeing 747 was a victim of an accident in 1978. All 213 people aboard the plane were killed.
- Military training became mandatory in 1985 for all civilians by the Libyan government.
In 1992, India and Pakistan exchanged lists of their nuclear installations for the first time.
- Czechoslovakia was divided into two independent republics – Czech and Slovak in 1993.
North Africa became a Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA) in 1994.
- The World Trade Organization came into existence in 1995.
- Singapore became Asia’s second developed country in 1996 after Japan.
- Calcutta was officially renamed Kolkata in 2001.
- Czech President Václav Havel was awarded the Gandhi Peace Prize in 2004, SAARC countries ratified the SAFTA Treaty and the SAARC Anti-Terrorism Treaty making South Asia a free trade zone.
- Re-earthquake tremors in 2005 in the Andaman and Nicobar Islands of Indonesia and India.
- A fire in a nightclub in Thailand’s capital Bangkok in 2009 killed 61 people.
In 2013, the US space agency NASA sent the Maven orbit to Mars.
Birth On 1st January
- 1875 – Birth of famous poet Hasrat Muhani of Lucknow.
- 1890 – Birth of Sampurnanand, a famous Indian politician.
- 1892 – Birth of Mahadev Desai, the great revolutionary of India.
- 1894 – Birth of renowned Indian scientist Professor Satyendranath Bose.
- 1914 – Birth of the famous Bangla writer Advaita Mallabarman.
- 1914 – Birth of Indian princess Noor Inayat Khan.
- 1920 – Birth of Maniram Bagdi, the great Indian leader of socialist ideology.
- 1936 – Birth of the famous Hindi cinema actress Shakeela of 1950-60.
- 1937 – Birth of noted novelist Kashinath Singh.
- 1941 – Birth of the noted comedian Asrani of Indian Hindi films.
- 1943 – Birth of Indian scientist Raghunath Anant Mashelkar.
- 1950 – Birth of producer-director, screenwriter Deepa Mehta.
- 1950 – Birth of noted lyricist and Urdu poet Rahat Indori.
- 1951 – Birth of Bollywood popular actor Nana Patekar.
- 1952 – Birth of Hindi writer and novelist Uday Prakash.
- 1953 – Birth of politician Salman Khurshid.
- 1961 – Indian politician and Chief Minister of Manipur N. Birth of Biren Singh.
- 1975 – Birth of Sonali Bendre, an actress in Hindi films.
- 1978 – Birth of Hindi film actress Vidya Balan.
- 1978 – Birth of Tanisha, actress of Hindi films.
Dead on 1st January
- India’s famous geologist Hemchand Dasgupta died in 1933.
- The famous scientist of India, Shanti Bhatnagar, died in 1955.
- The famous Telugu writer Panuganti Lakshmi Narsing Rao died in 1940.
- DN, a famous Indian entrepreneur. Khurode, known for his contribution to India’s milk industry, died in 1983.
- Former Union Education Minister and writer Pratap Chandra Chander died in 2008.