Historical Events on 2nd January
Friends, every time we hear that our history is very old, but we are not fully aware of the history of our country and the world, so we are making a small effort here, which will give you the Historical Events on 2nd January of the whole country and the world and the history of today. To get information so that your knowledge can increase further.
So friends, today we know about some important events in the history of 2nd January, about the birthdays of those who came to the world and made a big name as well as the famous people who left this world.
Important events of January 2nd
- British troops captured the city of Calcutta (now Kolkata) in India in 1757.
- French photographer Louis Daguerre displayed the first photo of the moon in 1839.
He died on 2 January due to the popular dramatist Safdar Hashmi being beaten by anti-social elements during a 1989 drama.
- Following Ramakrishna’s order, in 1899, the monks started living in the Belur Math at Calcutta (now Kolkata).
- During World War II in 1942, the Japanese army captured Manila, the capital of the Philippines.
- The Padma Vibhushan Award was instituted on 2 January 1954.
- The Bharat Ratna Award was instituted on 2 January 1954.
- Ranasinghe Premadasa became the President of Sri Lanka in 1989.
- Thiruvananthapuram airport was made international in 1991.
Born on 2 January
- Kerala’s famous social reformer Mannattu Padmanabhan was born in 1878.
- Zainendra Kumar, a famous psychologist, and novelist of Hindi literature were born in 1905.
- Famous Indian entrepreneurs, whose contribution to India’s milk industry was DN. Khurode was born in 1906.
- Indian American mathematician S. R. Srinivas Vardhan was born in 1940.
- Famous swimmer Bula Chaudhary was born in 1970.
Died 2nd January
- Famous women freedom fighter and social reformer Dr. Radhabai died on 2 January 1950.
- Hare Krishna Mehtab, one of the leading leaders of the Indian National Congress and one of the builders of modern Orissa, died on January 2, 1987.
- Famous Marxist playwright, actor, director, and lyricist Safdar Hashmi died on January 2, 1989.
- Gujarati writer Rajendra Shah died on January 2, 2010.
- Famous freedom fighter and former Lok Sabha Speaker Bali Ram Bhagat died on January 2, 2011.