Important Events From the day of 1st August
Friends, every time we hear that our history is very old, but we are not fully aware of the history of our country and the world, so we are making a small effort here, which will give you the Historical Events of 1st August Revolutionary of the whole country and the world and the history of today. To get information so that your knowledge can increase further.
1831 The new London Bridge had opened in 1831 for traffic
1883 Inland Post Service in Great Britain had started
In 1876 Colorado America’s 38th state was created.
In 1894 The first China and Japan war began.
In 1914 Germany declared war against Russia at the beginning of World War I.
In the year 1916 Mrs. Annie ( freedom fighter and called ‘Iron Lady’ ) Besant with Bal Gangadhar Tilak and Dadabhai Naoroji started the Home Rule League movement.
In 1920 Mahatma Gandhi started the Non-Cooperation Movement.
In 1920 Mahatma Gandhi returned the Kaiser A Hind Award given by the British government.
In 1936 Dictator Adolf Hitler presided over the Berlin Olympics Games.
In 1947 Lord Mountbatten had appointed as the governor-general of India and Mohammad Ali Jinnah had appointed as the Governor-General of Pakistan.
What Happened Between 1950 to 2008?
In 1952 First Prime Minister Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru inaugurated national airways in Safdarjung.
In 1953 Cuba’s former President Fidel Castro was arrested.
In 1953 All the airlines of India were nationalized.
In 1957 National Book Trust established.
In 1958 Acharya Vinoba Bhave awarded Raman Magsaysay Award.
In 1960 Karachi was changed to Islamabad by the capital of Pakistan.
In 1975 Durba Banerjee became the world’s first commercial women pilot.
In 1998 Prime Minister Narasimha Rao dedicated the Vizag Steel Plant to the nation.
In 2004 Sri Lanka won the Asia Cup by defeating India by 25 runs in the final match held at Premadasa Stadium. Sanat Jayasuriya becomes ‘Man of the Series’.
In 2006 Japan started the world’s first earthquake early warning service.
In 2006 Cuban leader Fidel Castro handed all his power to his brother Raul.
In 2007 the International Mathematical Olympiad (IMO) held in Hanoi city of Vietnam, six members of the Indian team won three silver medals.
In 2008 The Board of International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) gave a green signal to India’s Special Monitoring Agreement.
Born On 1st August
- Harcourt Butler was born in 1869. He was the first Governor of Uttar Pradesh,
- Freedom Fighter Purushottam Das Tandon was born in 1882.
- The first Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru’s wife Kamala Nehru was born in 1899.
- Indian cricketer Mohammad Nisar was born in 1910.
- The famous film actor and film producer-director Lord Dada was born in 1913.
- American tennis player jack Kramer was born in 1921.
- Former West Indian cricketer Frank Worrell was born in 1924.
- King Abdullah of Saudi Arabia was born in 1924.
- Hindi movie actress Meena Kumari was born in 1932.
- The famous litterateur Govind Mishra was born in 1939.
- Former Indian cricketer Arun Lal was born in 1955.
- Couple tennis player Martin Dam was born in 1972.